Irish Soldiers in the Somme
Convent Chapel which was used as the parish church before the church was built.
In this picture is the mother of a parishoner, Mrs. Steenson, who was active in the Cumman na mBán during the period around 1916.
This photo shows the first ordination class from Holy Cross College, Clonliffe, the Diocesan Seminary, in 1866. They are John Reynolds (l) Joseph Burke (c) and John O’Malley (r); third PP of St. Agatha’s from 1892-1904. They studied the majority of their course in St. Patricks College Maynooth and were ordained by Paul Cardinal Cullen, Archbishop of Dublin, on 9th. December 1866.
St. Agatha’s AFC 1916 & 1917. We won the cup in 1917.